replica horloge

replica horloge
replica horloge

2016年11月2日星期三

An Interview With Melvin Hollenberg From WahaWatches

Back with a brand new article type for the blog, I will be interviewing a fellow blogger and vintage watch enthusiast Melvin Hollenberg. Melvin is the founder and owner of WahaWatches and is building a community that provides knowledgeable articles about owning, maintaining and collecting vintage watches.
I plan to do more interviews with other watch bloggers and passionate collectors, if you are interested in talking to me about an interview please email me , or contact me via Twitter .
But first on with the interview.
How did you begin collecting watches, was there a defining moment?
I'm not sure if I really collect watches, to be honest. I do have a couple watches that I like (a lot) but I don't have a large collection. The technological aspect, the craftsmanship of the movements and how to keep those vintage watches running and preserved for future generations fascinates me much more.
It started when I inherited my late grandfather's watch. I remember listening to it as a child. I always found it a very reassuring, safe and familiar sound. The watch (a Moritz Ancre) was in a bad shape, though. A couple watchmakers told me that the watch wasn't really worth that much and I shouldn't spend that much money on it to restore it. In hindsight, that's ludicrous of course because how can you put a price on an heirloom. Anyway, I decided to do it more or less myself. Afterwards, it's even more special than when you had someone else do it. That's how this fascination began.
Moritz Ancre
Moritz Ancre – The watch that started it all
How is your collection currently made up?
After I inherited my grandfather's watch my parents bought me my first “serious” watch as a present, a 1943 Omega 30T2. I have a Longines 12.68Z dress watch, a Roamer dress watch and a Helvetia bumper automatic in stainless. I also have 3 chronographs, 2 Pontiac and 1 Lemania 105. For casual wear, I have a Tissot PR516 GL in stainless with the blue dial and a new Citizen Promaster Ecodrive watch.
Longines 12.68Z
bekijk meer replica horloge en franck muller crazy hours/ color dreams

没有评论:

发表评论

replica rolex

replica rolex
replica rolex